Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: what was your greatest (AG) eBay regret?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please no posts about particular sellers or misrepresented items. I'm interested in those now-you-can-laugh-about-it purchases such as you got caught up in a bidding war and lost control, spent all your lunch money on a new outfit for your doll, bought something you had tucked away in your closet and forgot about, etc. Let's have fun!!!

    Here's my example: I really wanted Samantha's duster and parasol soooooooooo bad I got caught up in a huge bidding war. The next week, they were re-released on the website - for about one-third of what I paid. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I Saw a Lindsey with a BIN Price of $29.99 and didn't buy it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha ha ha ... Ok, good post. Unrelated to AG, but when E-Bay first came out, I was also getting interested in vintage clothes, and prom was coming up...

    Long story short, I got caught up in a bidding war over a vintage light blue dress, that looked amazing in the pictures. It had a halter top, and a piece that connected to the skirt with a rhinestone medallion.

    Well, I won. I think it cost, oh, $70. But when it arrived, the fabric that had looked like silk was actually polyester, the rhinestone clip kept flopping weirdly, and the dress was about one or two sizes too big all around, and the top was made for a C or D cup when I was barely an A (I was a late bloomer). In fact, it seemed more proportionately suited for a woman who was, how shall we say, artificially endowed. I definitely couldn't wear it to prom. Alas.

    It's sat in my closet ever since. I might re-ebay it, but I'll feel bad if I don't get what I paid for it. It WOULD look really good on someone with the right figure. Besides, I hold out hopes that some day I'll bloom and then I can have it altered to fit and wear it to the Oscars or something [img]wink.gif[/img] Though it's not even really my style any more. And I really don't think polyester and evening wear mix...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member likewow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Many things I regret SELLING: Felicity's guitar (post-retirement but for a third the price it goes for now), Kirsten's Swedish Drindl and Kerchief (pre-retirement), Molly and Samantha's LE outfits (sold when they were still available), Molly's original table and chairs, the original GT6 (mint in box, for a good profit but I'll never be able to find her in that condition again)...I'm sure there is more...there is nothing AG I regret buying on eBay that I can think of, but I sure would love to have back some of the stuff I sold!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by FelinaDoon:
    I Saw a Lindsey with a BIN Price of $29.99 and didn't buy it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">!!!!!!
    [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I saw that Lindsey that sold for $29.99 and the Kailey doll also. I had just decided to take a break from the computer for 1 hour and I missed it. The person who bought those dolls has since resold the Kailey for a good profit. That's my regret. [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There was an AGT#24 with about 5-6 complete outfits(current) in mint condition for a BIN of $99., I but it on my watch list, and went back about 5 minutes later, and it was sold. [img]frown.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw a Lindsey for BIN $60, and regretted it.

    I also lost to an Samantha summer set, and retired summer set by 50 cents, wish I had bided more money to it.

    Oh well, there is always another around the corner.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellie's winter coat last year!

    Laurie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One time I messed up the decimal places while bidding and ended up winning Kirsten's black cat and kitten for around $43. (I had bid something like $20.50 but entered it as $205.00.) This was before second chance offers were available and the seller didn't let me off the hook! Oh well!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •